The summer vacation is getting shorter every day, as back to school time is right around the corner (there’s roughly 4 weeks left until school starts). It’s the time of year that parents get their kids’ back to school supplies and school needs in order. Plus they work on getting the kids back into the school days routine.
Back to school shopping can really break the bank, but it doesn’t have to. Use these back to school shopping tips to help you stay on budget and save your wallet from sinking with the ship!
- Consult the list provided by your child’s school
- Some supplies are mandatory while others are suggestions
- Buy only what you really need for school
- Take note of the school supplies and clothing items that you already have
- Save money by not buying duplicate supplies
- Enlist the kids help to scavenge around the house for listed items that you might have on hand
- Compare stores prices and price match whenever possible
- Check the weekly sales flyers or apps for better prices
- Stores like Walmart are ideal for price matching hassle-free
- Shop online and get paid cash back
- Shopping online can save you time running around store to store
- You’ll save on the fuel costs
- Plus you can earn cash back (reducing your total your back to school expenses)
- Join Ebates Canada and get paid to shop for back to school (there’s over 750 stores to choose from)
- Get rewarded for shopping for back to school supplies
- Use loyalty rewards programs to earn a little extra back on your purchases
- The SPC card is a perfect way for students to save even more
- Loyalty reward programs offer various ways to cash out including cash and gift cards plus merchandise and more
- Pay for purchases with rewards points
- Save money by redeeming your loyalty rewards towards back to school purchases
- Use money saving coupons
- Watch for back to school coupon offers online, in-stores and in weekly sales flyers
- Shop coupon friendly stores for hassle-free shopping
- Purchase discounted gift cards to shop for back to school stuff
- Stack coupons, flyer deals and loyalty rewards with cash back offers
- One of my fave ways to save is stacking up the savings
- Utilize coupons, loyalty rewards, price matching AND earn cash back through mobile apps for a single shopping trip
- I save up for occasions where I want to save big like back to school
- Shop second-hand stores and consignment shops
- Save on clothing, accessories and supplies by buying used and sometimes new
- Take advantage of special sales days to save even more
- Clothing swaps with friends
- Save clothes that your kids have outgrown but are still in great condition to swap with other parents
- Gather with other parents in your circle, have a party and swap good quality used clothing plus accessories to save money
- Watch for student discounts
- Apple is notorious for offering a student savings deal every year at back to school time
- Don’t hesitate to ask retailers if they offer student deals, the worse they can say is no
I want to help one of my readers get ready for back to school with a great giveaway! Open to residents Canada, excluding Quebec who are age 18 or older.
The prize includes:
- ObusForme Backpack (value $40)
- Tile Mate (value $30)
- $25 Amazon Canada Online Gift Card (value $25)
The total prize ARV is $95 CAD.
Enter via the giveaway widget below before August 25, 2017 to be eligible to win!
Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post. This post may contain affiliate links. I may receive a small commission for purchases made through these links. Thank you for supporting my blogging adventure.