The shift in retail purchasing and the move to technology has affected many retail sectors. We’ve seen closures from giant retailers, medium enterprises, local newspapers to family run businesses; who have struggled in these changing times.
Hampstead House Books announces their closure after 40 years of doing business in Canada; right in Thornhill, Ontario.
Here’s the announcement message from the January 2018 Hampstead House Catalogue:
Photo Credit: Hampstead House Books
For shoppers, there will be lots of deals leading up to their closure at the end of May 2018. And if you subscribe to the Hampstead House catalogue, you’ll continue receive it in February 2018 and March 2018.
Keep an eye out for even better bargains as their inventory is reduced. You can shop Hampstead House Books online or if you’re in the GTA, visit the Hampstead House Books showroom at 80 Doncaster Avenue, Thornhill (Monday-Friday 9am-6pm and Saturday 9-4). In-store they’re offering some extra special deals on short quantity titles, DVDs, audio books, puzzles, art supplies, stationery, and more.
Some of the current deals include:
- Hip Pocket Crosswords Book – $1
- Shades of Winter: Knitting with Natural Wool – $6.99
- 100 Amazing Paper Animal Snowflakes – $8.99
- Traditional Japanese Origami – $8.99
- Betty Crocker Best Loved Pot Pies, Casseroles and One-Dish Meals – $9.99
- Reader’s Digest: LOONIE SOLUTIONS Clever Canadian Uses for Everyday Stuff – $9.99
- Honey: The Backyard Bee Keepers Handbook – $8.99
- LEGO Creative Fun Project Books
- Animals – $7.99
- Cars and Trucks – $7.99
- Our Family Tree: A History of Our Family Tree – $11.99
- Wonders of the World: 5 Models to Build & Display – $9.99
- Reader’s Digest: 1001 Best Health Tips and Hints – $9.99
- FORGOTTEN WAYS FOR MODERN DAYS Kitchen Cures and Household Lore for a Natural Home and Garden – $7.99
- The Everything Puzzles For Dog Lovers Book – $6.49
- Neon Cat’s Craddle and 10 Other String Games – $6.99
- The Canadian Rockies – $7.99
- The Great Central Canada Bucket List Book – $6.99
- The Eli’s Cheesecake Book – $5.99
- Reader’s Digest: Small is Bountiful Getting More Crops From Your Post – $4.99
- A Gardener’s Guide to Frost – $6.99
- and many, many more….
Offers are valid while quantities last.
I’m not the type of person who is afraid of change, but it saddens me to lose companies like this which offer educational material and help us grow intellectually, emotionally, spiritually and socially. All the best to the Smee family in their future endeavours!
Thank you to Penny for sharing.