I’ve always been the type of person to take the time to care for my skin. I started doing facial masks at home when I was a young teenager and have continued right through to my 40’s so far.
As I age, I’m noticing some skin problems that I’ve never had before; like enlarging pores (which hold excess dirt, oil and looks unattractive), duller skin tone and of course more lines and wrinkles (gah!)
My changing skin has me trying new and different face masks than I’ve been using throughout the years. Today I have a review for Dear Derm Black Charcoal Refresh Face Masks and I’m also giving three lucky readers the chance to win one of the face masks each to try.
About Derm Derm Black Charcoal Refresh Face Sheet Masks
Dear Derm Black Charcoal Refresh Face Mask is a dual functioning sheet face mask which offers anti-wrinkle and skin brightening benefits. Plus it cleans your pores, aids in acne control, revitalizes your skin and helps soothe and heal damaged skin as well.
The ingredients in the products I use and consume is very important to me also. I am a firm believer of “garbage in, garbage out” when it comes to our bodies; so I look for clean products whenever possible. The Dear Derm Black Charcoal Refresh Face Masks are made WITHOUT 11 harmful ingredients for the skin; including: parabens, sulfates, phthalates, synthetic colouring, mineral oil, petrolatum, paraffin, triclosan, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, imidazolidnyl urea, and triethanolamine.
How to use Derm Derm Black Charcoal Refresh Face Sheet Masks
I find sheet face masks to be so much easier, less time consuming and less messy than the cream or gel type face masks. I really love the convenience of using sheet masks. (Although my all-time fave face mask is a soothing mud mask!)
To apply the sheet mask,
- Take it out of the package and carefully unfold the mask
- Place the mask on your face and adjust facial openings so they are in the proper place (be careful not to get product in your eyes)
- Leave the mask on for 15-20 minutes
- Remove the mask and gently pat the remaining product into the skin
- Finish off by applying your favourite moisturizer to seal in moisture for longer
I love that there’s no need to wash your face again after removing the mask, you sinply work the rest of the product into your skin and enjoy the benefits. You can use these facial masks once or twice a week. However, I prefer using a deep cleansing and moisturizing mask just once per week. You decide what works best for your skin.
Pros and Cons of Dear Derm Black Charcoal Refresh Face Sheet Masks
In my opinion the pros outweigh the cons for the Dear Derm Black Charcoal Refresh Face Sheet Masks.
- It is quick and easy to use
- Safe for sensitive skin
- Without 11 harmful ingredients for the skin
- Deep cleans skin and pores removing clogged dirt and oils
- They are competitively priced at $2 to $6 per mask
- If you leave the mask on longer than recommended or if you fall asleep with the sheet mask on then the excess serum may penetrate through the sheet mask and clog pores
- It can be tough to find the product in Canada (ShowCase is currently sold out online!)
Where to purchase the Dear Derm Black Charcoal Refresh Face Mask:
My pores aren’t clogged anymore! I am super impressed on how clean my pores came out after using just one single face mask. Also, my skin felt softer to touch and it looks fresher, cleaner and more revitalized too.
I found the product was gentle on my skin and I experienced no skin irritations whatsoever using this face mask. I WILL be using these masks again when I need a deep pore cleansing.
Enter to Win!
Now it’s time for the giveaway! Three lucky readers are going to win the chance to try one Dear Derm Black Charcoal Refresh Face Sheet Mask.
To enter the giveaway: head over to DearDerm and then tell me in the comments below about another product you’d like to try.
- Open to Canada and US, including Quebec
- Must be 18 or older
- Limit of 1 entry per person
- The giveaway ends September 16, 2017.
UPDATE—>> The WINNERS have been announced! Check to see if you are one of the three lucky winners. Congratulations!!