It's good to know the places which offer discounts for mature adults, namely senior discount offers.
I've listed all of the places that I know of and the details to receive the offer. Please add any that you may find.
- Golden Griddle - Seniors 55 and over, enjoy a 10% discount (excludes alcohol)
- Via Rail - As a traveller over 60, you can get a special senior discount fare of 10% off the full adult fare in Comfort (Economy) class
- Scotiabank Scotia Plus Program - Enjoy an array of specialty banking services when you turn age 59. This no monthly fee package on designated Scotia Plus® accounts is available by request and includes many personal banking services
- Shoppers Drug Mart - Age 50+ - Save 20% off many products, see in store for exclusions. Usually discounts for seniors are the last Thursday of each month.
- Mandarin Chinese Buffet - Seniors 65 years old and better (with valid I.D.) receive 20% off the buffet price.
- Rexall Pharma Plus - 20% off on Seniors Day - Check flyer for more details on the day
- City of Brampton offers free skating and swimming for seniors (source - freebies and samples forum)
- Zellers - 20% off on first Monday of the month, age 55 and older
- McDonald's offers a discount on coffee, not sure of which days or age requirement
- Lawton Drugs - 20% discount one day a month, age 55 and older - http://www.lawtons.ca/EN/Site/Conten...on/seniors.asp
There's so many more places which offer senior discounts and sometimes free stuff. Generally you need to ask for the discount in order to get it.
Try other venues such as: restaurants, banks, hotels, car rentals, airlines, train travel, entertainment, pharmacies, insurance, groceries, health stores, recreation centres, retail stores, wellness centres and in fact it doesn't hurt to ask....so try at every place you normally shop and you might be surprised at how much money you could save.