Photo Credit: Pexels.com
Okay, I know you don’t want to think about cold winter weather and heating your home while it’s summertime. However, as a homeowner myself, I find that the summertime is when I get my furnaced inspected, cleaned and serviced; I have my chimney swept and I monitor the home heating prices to ensure that I get the best possible deal on my furnace oil.
In fact, I’ve saved as much as 12 cents per litre buying my oil in the summer opposed to buying in the late fall or early winter.
Summertime is also the time when the heating companies try to draw in new clients before the heating season; which means there is healthy competition with service and pricing. Plus some companies offer incentives to help you decide to make the switch.
There’s two ‘make the switch’ heating deals that I want to draw your attention to:
Superior Propane: Up to $500 in savings this season when you switch
- Switch to Superior Propane and you’ll get 750 litres for FREE
- Or save 10 cents off the fixed price per litre for 1 full year
- Offer open to new residential or small commercial customers only
- Minimum 2000 annual propane consumption required
- Offers cannot be combined
- Serving clients across Canada
- Valid through July 31, 2017
- Call 1.888.998.2918 or visit Superior Propane online to switch today
The Sarjeant Co: Convert to Sarjeant’s propane and save
- 150 FREE litres of propane
- FREE furnace cleaning
- Propane tank installation only $1.50
- Serving Simcoe County and Muskoka
- Offer valid July 1 to December 31, 2017
- Call 705.881.HEAT or visit Sarjeant’s online
I love to hear from my readers, tell me in the comments below: Have you ever switched utility companies before to get a bonus deal? What method of heat do you use in your home? Do you take time during the summer to prepare for winter by having your furnace or other heating appliances serviced?