Wrapping paper has always been a convenient and simple choice for wrapping gifts at Christmas time, birthdays, anniversary’s and other celebrations. This week’s tip is great to know with the holidays right around the corner.
Money Savings Tip of the Week: unwrap your gifts carefully and keep the wrapping paper to reuse again.
25 Ideas for Reusing Used Wrapping Paper
- Wrap another gift
- Make wrapping paper bows, click here for instructions
- Make a book cover
- Make gift tags
- Use in scrapbooks
- Shred to use inside gift bags as fill
- Make holiday decoupage pieces
- Make paper snowflakes
- Make photo mats
- Make wrap bands around gifts, like a cummerbund
- Learn the art of Origami
- Make clothes for paper dolls
- Use in papier mache projects
- Create your own paper beads
- Cover boxes to make festive storage containers
- Make greeting cards
- Make greeting card envelopes
- Make your own privacy guards for plain white envelopes by cutting out a piece or wrapping paper the length and width for both sides of item inside the envelope
- Wrap your Christmas decorations and ornaments inside for protection
- Make a reused wrapping paper wreath, click here for instructions
- Donate to your local schools for arts and crafts classes
- Make drawer liners
- Crumple up place inside tall boots to keep their shape
- Make decorative coasters
- Use in various other craft projects
With all of these ideas, no more tossing out used wrapping paper!
When you receive a gift wrapped in wrapping paper, what do you do with the wrapping paper? Please leave me a comment below, I’d love to hear your ideas for reusing wrapping paper.