Parks Canada has announced that there will be FREE admission to Canadian Parks in 2018 for youth under the age of 17!
This is an amazing opportunity for family’s to save money while they get outside, enjoy nature, explore new sites, plus get healthy and active.
What is included for free?
- Admission to all national parks, national historic sites, and national marine conservation areas operated by Parks Canada will be provided free of charge
- Free admission for youth only applies to places managed by Parks Canada
What is not included for free?
It does not apply to provincial parks, territorial parks, municipal and private parks, nor to the many historic sites not managed by Parks Canada
- Camping, backcountry and other accommodations
- Canadian Rockies Hot Springs
- Northern Park Backcountry Camping and Excursion Permit
- Reservation fees
- Guided tours and hikes and programs not usually included with admission
- Some special event fees
- Backcountry overnight use