This is the weekend where we spring forward and set our clocks one-hour ahead. I always dread losing an hour in the spring because it sets off my sleep pattern and the time that I feed my pets. But I trade this off for the longer days, more sunshine and better weather to come! Yesss!
Daylight Saving Time is a great reminder to get other important tasks completed as well, including:
- Check your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors. Change batteries where needed.
- Check and change the batteries in flashlights for emergency use.
- Adjust any landscape lighting to reflect the time change and longer daylight hours.
- Clean your HRV filter (if applicable) and replace your HVAC filter.
- Clean out your medicine cabinet and properly discard any expired medications. Your local pharmacy will accept expired medications, as will some police stations and garbage waste sites which accept household hazardous waste.
- Flip your mattresses for even wear. (I always do a thorough vacuuming at the same time).
Don’t forget, Daylight Savings Time is tonight!! Change your clocks before turning in for the night as the time changes at 2 am ET on March 12, 2017 in Canada where observed.
Are there any tasks that you do every spring? Please share with me in the comments below.